Tuesday, May 4, 2010

So much for 15 minutes a day!

Pioneer Quilter is running a "May Mayhem" challenge this month, encouraging participants to do something quilty 15 minutes a day. I'm trying to participate, but I've never done particularly well at that. I have had times in my life when I've committed to doing 10 or 15 minutes a day...I make it for about 10 or 15 days...and then life happens. So I did my 15 minutes (actually, more than 15 minutes) on Saturday and Sunday. Monday and today? Nada. Unless reading quilty blogs during lunch counts.

I'm not sweating it. The premise of a goal like that is similar to the way I set goals for getting to the gym. If I have a goal of going to the gym 5 days a week, I will most likely make it 3. If I'd set a goal of 3 days, I'd be lucky if I made it one or two days. So if I have a goal of 15 minutes a day, I might actually get in 15 minutes on 4 days out of the week--which might be better than I'd have done otherwise. So it's all good.

Yesterday, the gym, then a meeting. Today, gym again--second day in a row. (Making up for a couple of weeks off!) Then I had a bit of a kitchen-appliance emergency I had to care for before it reached crisis levels, and you'll have to tune into the next podcast episode to hear more about that story! So in both cases, I figure that a good trade-off for 15 minutes at my sewing machine.

Tomorrow, back to attending to the 15 minute goal--the project I wrote about in the last post only needs another couple of 15 minute-ers to be done, I think. So here's hoping I can knock it off before the end of the week!