Thursday, September 8, 2011

Finally--a little progress on the stash challenge


Stash Challenge WIP
Originally uploaded by sandyquiltz
Shall we play "Name That Block?" "I can name that block in seven pieces, Bob." "I can name it in six..."

I got half the pieces cut tonight for the pieced blocks in my stash mystery challenge wallhanging before my back started whining at me. Some day I'll get one of those nice comfy pads they sell for you to use at the kitchen sink--I'd love one at my cutting table. I've got good carpet but I'm past the age where I can comfortably stand barefoot a couple of hours at a time, dang it. I really should've taken the time to put on a pair of shoes but I got involved and lost track of time until I realized I was starting to shift my weight back and forth repeatedly. Aging. Bah.

In any case, so far EQ7 hasn't steered me wrong. I had a brief moment of math panic when I couldn't figure out how I was going to get the requisite number of pieces out of the yardage I had, even though EQ assured me I could. Then I realized where it was saying "two patches," it really meant "cut that one piece and then slice it in half to get two patches." So I only had to cut half the pieces I originally thought I did. If that makes sense to you. It does to me, so we'll move on now.

I should be able to get the other half of these block pieces cut tomorrow night. It'd be nice if I came out of this weekend with the center pieced--we'll see. I know I won't have much time Saturday and Sunday is still a bit murky to me. And I suspect the piecing will be a bit pokey, for all I'll be doing it whiz-bang-chain-style.

B.T.Dubs, I'm glad to finally be using this fabric. I've had it for a couple of years, I think, and really love it, but hadn't yet found the right application. I think this is it. At least, I hope this all turns out as nifty-keen as it looks in my head!