Thursday, February 7, 2013

30 Questions Thursday--Part 4

 (For previous 30 Questions Thursdays, use the tags at the right or the little search bar on the upper left.)

15. If you were an animal, what would you be and why?

I would be something that no one hunted or ate. But I suspect there's nothing that falls into that category since everyone's gotta eat something, which means everything must also be eaten somewhere along the line. Plus, I say this as an admitted carnivore so it smacks of hypocrisy. Mea culpa. 

Although I love dogs, I don't think I could be one. They're way too needy and people-pleasing. Although I love cats, I don't think I could be one of those either. A bit too snooty. And let's not even get into either of their method's of hygiene. Ick. I'm not particularly fond of reptiles but I'm finding myself thinking I could be a lizard of some sort. (Does that count as an animal for the sake of this question?) I'd just sort of wander about but be able to skittle away super-fast-fast if needed; nifty sticky pads on my feet would mean I could climb walls and trees; cold wouldn't particularly bother me but I'd seriously dig a hot rock in the sun for awhile; all eating would involve is an occasional flick of the tongue at a passing insect; and for the most part, people would leave me alone to my thoughts. And my eyes would be very, very cool.

Okay, I don't know much about lizards, really, so I probably just got several different types of reptilian life mixed up in that description. But since I'm the one making myself a creature, I get to make the rules.


16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

--25 years of marriage with nearly 3 years of engagement before that. It wasn't actually hard work, but still. Nice to be able to say I'm with a guy who doesn't mind that I don't look like I did at 19 when we first met. And we have even more fun together now. That's pretty darn cool.
--One son who just amazes me every time I get to talk with him
--One daughter who also just amazes me every time I get to talk with her
  --although, somehow, it seems unfair of me to claim them as accomplishments since my faith suggests that God had a whole lot to do with it, as well as their own part in their growing up too. But still, I was the one who refrained from ringing their necks and allowed them to make it through junior high intact.
--Simply that I am where I am in life. I've not achieved all of my dreams from childhood, but I've achieved a lot of them, although some of them may not look exactly like I imagined. I'm a pretty content gal.

17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?

--Art. Pretty much any version thereof.
--And getting myself to the gym on a regular basis. Who am I kidding? Getting myself to the gym ever.

18. What has been the most difficult thing you have had to forgive?



--Can't really go into it; let's just say I had a pretty traumatic professional experience that took me many years to recover from and, in fact, I still have some lingering knee-jerk reactions to certain situations now, years later. I forgave a long time ago; I also learned a lot about how I do and don't deserve to be treated.

19. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?

When I was a kid, I used to imagine living on Pluto. Now that just sounds cold and lonely. I'm thinking I'd like to live in the UK and Europe--moving about every couple of years so I get to really know whatever area I'm living in, and still be a not-too-long-flight away for my family. Or Oregon--beautiful country (and GREAT quilt shops) out there. But the reality is, I'm kind of a homebody. I love where I live. I love to visit other places but always really enjoy coming back home again.

Coming soon...

20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.
21. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it first?
22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
23. List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.
24. Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.
25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?
26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?
27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?
28. What is your love language?
29. What do you think people misunderstand most about you?
30. List 10 things you would hope to be remembered for.