Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A New Toy!

I had lunch on Friday with the group I refer to as "Mom's Quilty Friends." This is her gang of peeps that she hung with for decades (not that any of them are old, mind you!). They've graciously "adopted" me after Mom's passing and I periodically get together with them and we play show n' tell.

One of Mom's friends showed us a project she'd made using a product I'd never heard of before, and I seriously need to get my hands on some of this stuff to play! I've already dumped it in my shopping cart on a website. It'll get purchased the next time I place an order.

It's called "Texture Magic" by Superior Threads. In a nutshell: You sew it to your fabric, hit it with a steam iron, and it gets all wonderfully wrinkly. Great dimensional stuff going on! Mom's friend had used it in a Christmas quilt on the ornaments--it was great.

Here's the first of three YouTube videos from Superior Threads that show you how it's used.