Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Playing with Lutradur, Part 3 (Yay! Pictures!)
OK, on to the Lutradur.... As I'd mentioned, my sister Dianne came up for the weekend over Memorial Day and we just had a great time messing around. Dianne's spent a lifetime playing with various art mediums, I'm a little more new to town. So her presence helped me cut loose and just have fun, and not worry about the results. After all, Lutradur is cheaper than fabric. So what if I end up tossing something that didn't work?
Dianne had photoedited this using a scan of fabric to create the frame.
We also played with a variety of paints. Here are some scraps I'd trimmed off other Lutradur pieces. We didn't coat them with anything--just painted.
The front is a nice blend of the two. I don't think she used much water on this--I think it's mostly paint. We were using sponge brushes, by the way. I remember she seemed to be doing more "pouncing" than brushing on this one.
Could do some fun things with that.
(Oops, I think I rotated the photo wrong. Tip your head to the right and look at it sideways to see the birch trees.)
Both of our hands were covered with a variety of what were originally pretty colors, but when all mixed together into a fingerprint didn't make an attractive presentation.
Dianne did another couple of prints but for some reason, I didn't take pictures of them. I think when she was working on those, I was going hot and heavy on my creativity challenge project.