Saturday, August 4, 2012

Some wonderful inspiration

A few months back I had the opportunity to visit a friend's church on a Sunday morning. As I walked into the sanctuary, I was struck by several absolutely beautiful quilted wallhangings throughout the worship space.

As we took our seats, I tugged at my friends' sleeve. "I need to meet whoever made those, if that person is here this morning."

My friend pointed a thumb over her shoulder. "She's sitting right behind us."

There was a church luncheon following worship but I immediately tackled the creator of the wallhangings and she took me on a tour of her quilts, telling me the stories behind each one. We barely made it to the luncheon while food was still available.

I asked her permission to share images of the quilts with you. I'm not going to share the stories--too much complex church history and particular individual's stories for the space that a blog allows. I'll let the quilts speak for themselves.





The quilts' creator, Carol Fielding of Austin, Texas.